All-time favourite CFC moments?

If it don't go elsewhere, it goes here.
shadowplay

All-time favourite CFC moments?

Post by shadowplay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am

For me, it's got to be Mobboss trying to arrange a meeting with Formaldehyde so they could have a fist fight.
Touching from a distance further all the time

GoodEnoughForMe

Re: All-time favourite CFC moments?

Post by GoodEnoughForMe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:42 am

When that one dude who was a DL claimed he had his pants AND camera stolen while in Egypt.

Catharsis

Post by Catharsis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 am

*stoled

"Humanity are idiots" from Sidhe is one of my favourites, I want that quote on my gravestone.

Also that one guy who liked to win Domination victories in Civ, and also liked the movie 'The Matrix', so joined with the name 'Dominatrix', unaware of what that word meant...
Try to be the reason some guy receives a free fidget spinner.

Synsensa

Post by Synsensa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:51 pm

I don't remember anything about CFC.

The April Fools exodus ten years ago was pretty fun, I suppose, although I doubt I would have found it very enjoyable today.

Aimee

Post by Aimee » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 pm

I remember I once posted about a listeria outbreak, but misspelled it as "listerine," and the entire thread became puns about dental hygiene. That was funny.

Akka

Post by Akka » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:37 pm

shadowplay wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am
For me, it's got to be Mobboss trying to arrange a meeting with Formaldehyde so they could have a fist fight.
Damn, I don't remember that. Do you have a link ? It sounds pretty terrific !

shadowplay

Post by shadowplay » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Akka wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:37 pm
shadowplay wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am
Damn, I don't remember that. Do you have a link ? It sounds pretty terrific !
I don't remember the thread, unfortunately. The best bit about it was they live on opposite ends of the country (Seattle and Tampa) :D
Touching from a distance further all the time

Ajidica

Post by Ajidica » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Any thread with Dommy was a blast because he was the farthest you could get from a drive by poster and he would actually try to engage with you.
Then there was the thread with Merkinball who spent the whole thread saying if you don't work you don't deserve to eat, and the aimee came in and wrecked his "argument".

But probably the best thread was a threat by a Randy Libertarian about why the world doesn't take Libertarianism seriously. It got derailed after the first few pages so it devolved into a pretty decent thread once we ignored him. Oh, a Traitorfish and I pretended to be radical Maoists/Stalinists yelling at each other.

Birdjaguar

Post by Birdjaguar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 am

Oh my, there are very many. Back in about 2005? there were three, 1000 post threads, in OT that followed one after the other. All were titled: Does god exist? It was a furious exchange for many days.

At least, I think that was it.

It was pretty cool when the first poster hit 20,000 posts. It was Curt Sibling.
Mathida's love life was great fun too. She finally married a poster.
Stars are like ideas; we all see them differently.

Valka D'Ur

Post by Valka D'Ur » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Bozo Erectus. He did the most amazing MS Paint pictures. That thread is now located in A&E (I felt it deserved to be in a forum where it wouldn't be lost quite so far down. I told him that some of those would make wonderful cross-stitch pictures or rugs, and he gave me permission to go ahead.

He has more pictures in his Photobucket account (not sure if they're visible there now, though, considering what Photobucket has done to wreck everything).
The above post is certified as having been Made In Canada.