Chat thread. Place for casual conversation.

If it don't go elsewhere, it goes here.
Timsup2nothin

Re: Chat thread. Place for casual conversation.

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:08 am

If it's any consolation, I did that once. Scared the crap out of me. To this day I cannot explain how I missed that light changing. The guy you are mad at is most likely cleaning his seat.

Cutlass
Site Admin

Post by Cutlass » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:29 am

Once when I was maybe 19 I was on a piece of highway where 2 merged into 1. So it was about 5 lanes across, and I was in the far left. I saw a car get on on the right in my mirror, well behind me. Next I looked it was closer, in the middle lane. Next I saw it, it was 3 inches off my right front fender. I hit the brakes for all they were worth, and spun out. So when I came to a stop I was facing back against traffic. Which thankfully there was little. I jumped out of the car, which was still running, and still in gear, and left without me.

Fun times was had by all.

hobbsyoyo

Post by hobbsyoyo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

There was a long-running login error that prevented me from posting here. Hopefully it's gone for good. Thanks Cutlass for putting in so much work to fix it!

Cutlass
Site Admin

Post by Cutlass » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm still struggling to nail down some vacation plans. I just can't come up with any alternative ideas that I really want to get into this year.

Lexicus

Post by Lexicus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm

I still haven't decided when I want to go on vacation this year.

Synsensa

Post by Synsensa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm

When in doubt, hookers in Nevada.

GoodEnoughForMe

Post by GoodEnoughForMe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

I'm in a similar boat on vacation, but money is still a bit tight so far this year and my travel buddy probably can't go anywhere again as he tries to get out of his parent's place. So I have to decide if it's worth going on my own somewhere or trying to see if I can rope someone out of a couple other people I know into a trip. But I was hoping to have more saving set aside for it but I keep getting whacked with car issues or health issues or house issues. I'd like to go somewhere knew but I have major reservations about solo travel and have not handled it as well as travel with a friend.

Lexicus

Post by Lexicus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm good on the $, I'll be spending way less this year than I did last year as two of my friends actually have apartments in San Francisco now, which means I don't need to pay for lodging.

Cutlass
Site Admin

Post by Cutlass » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:41 am

GoodEnoughForMe wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm
I'm in a similar boat on vacation, but money is still a bit tight so far this year and my travel buddy probably can't go anywhere again as he tries to get out of his parent's place. So I have to decide if it's worth going on my own somewhere or trying to see if I can rope someone out of a couple other people I know into a trip. But I was hoping to have more saving set aside for it but I keep getting whacked with car issues or health issues or house issues. I'd like to go somewhere knew but I have major reservations about solo travel and have not handled it as well as travel with a friend.

Yeah. I only have one friend I can travel with. And he's not going to be available this year. So I'm on my own. Solo travel is also an issue to me, which is why when I do do it I do so within range of my driving myself. I'm not quite adventurous enough to fly to a distant place by myself and then make a trip of it.

Cutlass
Site Admin

Post by Cutlass » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 am

In other news, the 24/7 aching in my hip that's been going on since November is bursitis.

https://familydoctor.org/condition/bursitis-of-the-hip/

So at least there's some possibility that this medical condition, unlike all the others that have been nagging at me the past couple years, might be treatable. If it's not too advanced. If when I slipped on the ice Saturday and landed straight on it with all my weight didn't do too much additional damage.